As much as I can, I love to make my Christmas gifts – there’s nothing quite like giving a loved one something handmade. In the run-up to the busyness of the season, it’s a good excuse to take some quiet moments for yourself.
In my gift-giving this year, I wanted to re-stitch my ‘Christmas Bells’ design, and it was a great opportunity to stitch it using my Bookshelf range with Cottage Garden Threads. It came out beautifully, and I thought you might like it too. It’s so helpful to have a few stand-by patterns that are quick to stitch and with threads you have on hand.
My colour conversion is:
- CGT JK06 Hot Coffee – instead of Weeks Dye Works ‘Havana’/DMC 869
- CGT JK11 Chamomile Tea – instead of Weeks ‘Moss’/DMC 580
- CGT JK02 Leatherbound – instead of Weeks ‘Garnet’/DMC 498
- CGT JK07 Sleepy Cat – instead of Weeks ‘Sweet Potato’/DMC 920
- CGT JK09 Candlestick – instead of Weeks ‘Whiskey’/DMC 729
- CGT JK24 Page Turner – instead of Classic Colorworks ‘Khaki Mocha’/DMC 3770.
I wish you all a very happy holiday season, with lots of stitching time and moments for yourself too. Back with some new releases very soon!